Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Tuesday that was sad

Hi,

Yesterday was a sad day - my friends lost a good friend last week and it was her funeral.  Too young, and too lovely for the world to lose.

For me, my day started in a hectic whirl (I did get Spin in before work - and for the record, that is an indoor cycling session at the gym - nothing to do with wool at all - which did make me laugh and I apologise for any confusion) with work urgent issues and dribbled along with the odd bit of fizz.

I did have to head to Hutt hospital for a check up appointment.  When I checked in at reception, they asked if I worked in Wellington and did I want the future appointments to be around the corner from work instead of fifty million miles away. Doh!  Yes, please.

When I drove back into town, there were no car parks to be had.  In a fluster, I drove home and parked in our usual spot, thinking I might have to wait for a bus for 30 minutes or more.  But a bus came as I approached our street, and as it had just passed the bus stop, I was certain it wouldn't stop for a frantically waving woman, at an intersection rather than a bus stop.

But the driver did stop.  Maybe it was because I was dressed like a ninja.  All in black.  And brandishing my snapper card like a katana.  He may have anticipated a leap, with a somersault, onto the roof of the bus if he didn't stop. 

Or not.

Anyway, I was back at my desk fairly quickly and worked back - getting some peace to finish a few things.  So - bonus!  Mike met me after a meeting at my end of town - and I dragged him to the supermarket for fun. 

Got home and cooked tea.  Baked fish with panko breadcrumbs - and I found two bunches of asparagus at the supermarket (on special) and gave Mike's plate three stalks - and ate the rest.  With Haloumi.  Mmmm.



Haloumi with my asparagus
Toby scoffed it down.  Mike got home fairly late from work.  And I think it took him ages to sleep.  He actually woke me at 12.30am and I swore it was 4am or something.  He then fell asleep - and it took me ages to get back to sleep.  Gah!

It was hard getting up this morning.  My bike ride in was a little damp.  There is this drizzly rain thing happening.  Or, low cloud, maybe.  But as I rode down to sea level, it did continue drizzling.  So I can't really say it is low cloud, if it is actually also raining at the sea level.  And not cloudy, as such.  I think I may have to call it rain.

We have some new roofing iron on our roof!  And Scott (knows Sally) came to collect the old iron for his new shed.  Hope he gets the bits that aren't too holey.

They have done one side of our square roof.  The side to the deck.  But with this rain, they may not do the other sides just yet.

Tonight we have a Zealandia night tour.  Ooohhhh.  Can't wait for that.  Hope the rain goes away for it.

Hope your day is a good one.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment