Friday, October 27, 2017

The Thursday with a night out

Hi,

Unusually, I said yes to Mike to a night out and about in Wellington.  He was due to fly into Wellington at 6pm from his two days in Auckland for work.  My reluctance at venturing into pubs and bars on my own meant I was faced with working late until he got to town.

At a bar - shocking, I know!  Ta for the pic, Jo

But after explaining my foibles to Jo, she took pity on me, and met me outside my work and took me into Dirty Little Secret for drinks before everyone arrived.  After dropping my garage fob and grated cheese off with Andrew at his work.

Complicated Gilbert plan.  It's contagious.

Anyway, after Mike, Melissa and Momo arrived, we wandered to Mr Go's and got a table secured for a bit later.  Went to some other bar and got drinks and promptly got told the table was now available.  Melissa and I went back to keep the table warm.

Ok.  So, Mr Go's is actually so yummy, it might just be one of my favourites now.  I ate crispy tofu, and it was the bomb!  Who knew?  The cauliflower was superb.  Asparagus (the season is upon us and I am officially in heaven now) perfect.  Yep.  Very happy.

It was late when we got home, after my phone needed a reboot to finally get Uber working. 10pm.  Ooohhhh.

Sally and Andrew have a cycling holiday now down south.  Half their luck.  I hope the weather is wonderful.

And the weekend beckons.  Can't wait for that either.  Although we have a tonne of stuff to get through.  Social Mike and social Toby are creating havoc with my introvert tendencies.  Beer tasting at our place tonight.  Halloween party for Toby at our place tomorrow.  House needs a tidy.  Laundry.  I want to fit Spin in there too.  And a bike ride.  We'll see.

Enjoy yours!

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment