Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Tuesday with Toby back

Hi,

So excited to see Toby walk out of customs at around 3.45pm.  He walked out like the seasoned solo traveller he is.  My parents obviously took good care of him - he looked relaxed and happy.

I did catch up with a client during the morning and sucked down an iced coffee.  Her manager came too, and he also had one!  Ooossshhh!  Hahahah.


Slightly blurry iced coffee at Verve


Toby was amazed at the glorious weather when he landed.  It had been rainy in Queensland.  And he has asked me not to book Virgin next time either.  He is an Air New Zealand man through and through, he says.  I'll have to try and remember that.

He loved his holiday away with his grandparents.  I could tell he was happy to get back too.  Well, at least he asked about Smudge before we even got home.  And it was the first thing he wanted to do when he got back - she was spoiled.

I worked a bit before cooking him his favourite.  Spag Bol.  Hahahah.

Went down to collect Mike from town after his tramping thing and finally fell into bed and slept like I was in a coma.

This morning was my first morning in ages to ride my bike into work.  I avoided the drizzly rain - yay!  It was good to be back on the bike.  Mind you, the forecast is for awful weather, so I may take the soft option before riding becomes the usual mode of transport once more.

What happens is I get on the bus really early, and sit down and read for 25 minutes and listen to music.  Can't do that on my bike.  And it is kinda nice to get extra reading in.

But, far better to get more kms on my bike.  Right?  Right?

Hahahah.

Time for a cup of tea.  Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment