Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Tuesday that should be Thursday

Hi,

I got another photo of feet late yesterday - this one was evidence of location.  Roxburgh dam.  Good old central Otago.  I hope they got a Jimmys Pie for their efforts.  Mmmm.

Cycling feet over Roxburgh dam

Mike has a friend called Jo, and she has only just recently got her cast off her wrist from a snowboard injury.  Anyway, I have been trying to convince her to start riding her bicycle into work and she finally did it yesterday.  And texted me to tell me.  Then, about 3 minutes after she sent me the text, she crossed the road with the green man, and a car ran her over.  Squashed her foot.  Sent her to hospital in an ambulance.  And now has crutches and a huge stitch-filled gash in her foot.  Nothing broken - which sounds kinda amazing to me.

Mike and I think she shouldn't be allowed out unless she is wrapped in cotton wool.

Last night I scared myself silly riding home.  Between Rugby House and the Thai embassy, the wind gusts were fierce and had me leaned over significantly to fight to stay upright.  Which, you know, would be fine if that was all I had to contend with.  But avoiding getting squashed by traffic at the same time isn't a lot of fun.

Smudge shows her tongue
 I sorted out dinner for Toby - and then we both took photos of Smudge as she sat on the window sill, with her tongue poking out.  It really makes her look quite dumb - but still very cute.

Put up a good effort

And it was Melbourne Cup yesterday.  I did get a horse in the sweep at work.  And it got up to third pace late in the race - but it was all too tough for it.  Which is understandable - it's a crazy long race.

Windy weather last night here.  My road bike is due for a service so I am taking it in after work to see Gary.  And picking it up again last night.

Have a brilliant day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment