Monday, November 6, 2017

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

We had a good weekend.  Friday night the boys watched "The Wrestler".  I watched to, up til the fight where there was barbed wire and blood involved.  But the boys said it was good, if depressing.

Saturday I was up early for a Spin class - and Sreejith joined me.  Woot!  Mike got the roof racks for the car while I was at the gym.  I showered at work and then Mike collected me (and my bike).

Gorgeous morning in Wellington today

We did a few messages - saw bathroom vanities that we might quite like.  That sort of thing.

Day of the dead in Wellington - Mike was drinking Garage Project beer


In the afternoon we went into an alleyway in the middle of town and celebrated the Day of the Dead with beer and nachos.  Mike got me some vegan nachos.  I was very pleased.  But Toby and I got bored.  We decided to nip out and see Thor at 4pm.  Best decision ever.  Got even better halfway through the movie when Thor cut his hair.  He is a good looking man - and especially nice with short hair.


Christmas mince tarts at the supermarket.  Yucky.


Toby and I tried to catch up with Mike - but by 6.30pm he was dancing in the alleyway with his friends.  Hmmm.  Toby and I went home by bus at that point.

Iona and her car full of household goods - including a bit of her favourite flax bush


Next morning I was up super early to get a coffee for Iona and meet her at the ferry terminal.  We sat in her car, and she talked to me through the flax bush in her front seat.  Yes, it was a wee bit odd.  But good to chat to her before she got on the ferry.

She starts her new job today!  Wow!  And Col has a lot of house to still sort out, and make sure it looks good for open home sessions.  Good on them!


We have new roof racks!

Vegan nachos - they were good

And a photo of our car, because I like it

Mike - just take the photo!  Iced coffee at Caffeind
And, the afternoon passed in a haze of laundry and reading and lounging in the sunshine on the deck (out of the wind).  Rather pleasant.

Anyway, the week looms ahead.  Busy week.  I want to do a ride after work on Thursday.  Let's see how that goes.

Enjoy your week.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment