Monday, November 13, 2017

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

What a weird weekend that was.  Friday night was fairly normal at home.  But Saturday I was up early for Spin and Mike was going to tackle the last coat on the new front door.

I went grocery shopping with Toby at some point.  No wait.  That was Friday evening.  Ahhh, yeah.  Groceries Friday and also collected a burger for him too.

And then, Toby came with me to Spin at Evans Bay.  He sat in the car while I attended the class.  Sreejith got in just a few minutes into the class.  Woot!





Spotto at the supermarket - and it's a double Spotto when it's a yellow Mustang

After Spin we collected Sahara from her house, dropped in to see her mother on the way back and then collected some Maccas for brekkie.  Home to eat it, and enjoy the weather.

Saturday home made iced coffee on the deck

Mike's short black

We did get the door done - my job was to hold it so Mike could varnish it.  Tough work for me.  Hahah.

Mike had a tramping club anniversary evening and headed to the clubrooms for photos and stuff.  Came home, and changed for dinner with them all.  That came with speeches - and dessert.

Meanwhile, Toby and Sahara watched movies and TV shows while cuddling on the couch.  Date day.

Mike got home fairly late, but took Sahara home and Toby made sure she was safely on the path to her front door.

Trying the home made iced coffee again on Sunday


Sunday Mike got up early and watched rugby with some mates.  New Zealand squeaked out a win against France.  I went off to Spin - again.  And when I got home, I made another iced coffee with brekkie for me and Toby.

The day passed by in laundry and reading.

Last night we had a wee earthquake.  11.30pm.  Mike slept through it as he has no recollection of it.  But it woke me up, and I said "Earthquake.  I wonder if it's in Seddon".  And Mike lifted his head off the pillow, grunted something and dropped his head back.  And then I fell alseep.

I wondered if I had dreamed it, but no.  The news shows it really did happen.  4.8.  But quite deep - well, 45km is deeper than they have been here.  And it is nearly a year to the day of the big one in Kaikoura that definitely made itself known here. 

The week is stretching ahead into the middle distance.  One more weekend to go before Taupo.  Ooossshhh!

Have a brilliant week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment