Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Wednesday with dropping my road bike off for a service and seeing James

Hi,

Happy birthday to Vivienne!

I did get to Spin during the day yesterday, which was ok.  Not my best attempt at exercise ever - but not the worst either.  And as I figure it, it is better to be trying than sitting at my desk, wondering.

It doesn't sound as pithy as it did in my head.  I don't think I am going to make headlines with a sound bite with that sentence.

Anyway, I got home and cooked tea for Toby.  Spag bol.  One of his favourites.  And I left him scoffing a huge bowlful.  I also asked him to tidy away leftovers if he had any.  And knock me down with a feather.  When I got home from my messages, he had used Gladwrap and everything.  He is amazing.

I dropped my bike off at Gary the bike mechanic's place, just around the corner from Sally and Andrew's place.  I checked mail and pushed it through the window.  And scouted the place out - and the sheds.  All looking good.

As I went to pull away, Celia texted.  So I texted back to say I would pop around - they just live around the corner from 40WLW.

And, guess what?  Spotto!  Yes, I parked opposite a yellow car.  And now I look at the photo, it was a regular rainbow on the street.  Celia's new car is a dashing blue, too.  If only I had got that one in the same pic.  Yes, I have slightly odd bucket lists from most people.  Hahahah.


The start of a rainbow

Anyway, I found James at home.  And I haven't seen pain etched on someone's face like that for a long time.  Poor guy.  His collarbone must be busted up pretty bad.  We chatted a bit before Celia got home - I heard all about his actual crash.  And then we all chatted a bit more.

But, before long it was time to head back into town and collect Mike and get home.  Woot!  He was working late.

Collapsed into bed and was so sleepy.  Good long sleep before getting up and going in early for Spin.  Which was a lot better this morning than Wednesday lunchtime.  Thank goodness.

And today is stunning here in Wellington.  If a cruise ship docks, immigration is going to be inundated with requests for residency.

Enjoy your day - whatever you do.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment