Monday, November 20, 2017

The weekend with Wellington fun

Hi,

Looking at the pics, it seems that all I have done is drink iced coffees.  Hahah.  But the weekend was very good.  I can't remember hardly anything at this stage.



Monday morning iced latte

Friday night was a good one at home with the boys.  Saturday had Mike leaving early to drop off two friends tramping over the Papatahi Crossing overnight.  He walked in some of the way with Doro and Zoey and popped into Zany Zeus's on the way home.  They met Sally in the queue there.  Funny.

Meanwhile, Toby and I went into town and tried to get some Christmas shopping done.  To no avail.  But we had a lovely lunch together at Felix.

Friday afternoon iced latte

We left each other in town - Toby off home on the bus and me to my appointment.  Got back home and relaxed with the boys for the day.

Friday morning iced latte
 Sunday saw us up early, but not quite as early as we wanted.  I was doing my last bike ride before Taupo, and Mike was picking up his friends at the other end of their tramp.  So we headed off to the Wairarapa via Maccas for brekkie.  As we drove over the hill, Mike commented that there were a lot of buses on the road.  My brain then realised Toast Martinborough is on just before Taupo - and sure enough, it was today.  Gah!  We changed my bike route to avoid Martinborough.  Turns out it was all easy.


I started my bike ride at Featherston at about 10.20am.  I was intending to only ride about 50 km and take it easy - mainly just to make sure my bike and gear was working well.  Finalise those last few wee things so I am good for the ride next weekend.  I rode down Ocean Road and thought I would turn around and ride back after 25km.  I got to there, and wanted to go a little further.  Turned up into the East link road and saw a Road Closed sign.  Just went to the top of the wee hill, and turned back around.

I road back, into a bit of a head wind - even though I thought it was a head wind on the way down.  Picked up a rider training for Taupo towards the end and enjoyed a wee chat with him.  Got to Featherston and saw Mike had texted and called.

Rang him - he was walking with Toby and the trampers and still had about an hour to get back to the car.  So, I turned around and rode back.

Ended up doing 90km - but still fairly easy.  It was all good fun.

The car picked me up about 200m from their road end.  We went back to a bakery in Featherston and I ate a meat pie for the first time in ages (I haven't been eating meat at all).  Back home, and I dropped Mike at work for a few hours before our movie we had booked.

Went grocery shopping, then discovered a lot of calls from Mike.  He got the time wrong and actually the movie was at 5.45pm!  Went through checkout, drove home, collected Toby, shoved frozen/chilled stuff into the fridge and then drove back.  We got a park right outside and met Mike and enjoyed Justice League.

Woot!  Great weekend.

Hope your week is good.

Love,
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment