Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Monday in Auckland

Hi,

Happy birthday to Shona and Sharon for yesterday.  And in case I forget, happy birthday to Karen for Thursday!

I am in Auckland for work for a few days.  It is keeping me busy.  Out of mischief.  All those sorts of things.  I did meet up with Roz for dinner on Monday night though.  She took me to a great Mexican restaurant called Mexico on The Strand.  After a yummy dinner we walked down to the beach where Roz confessed she had never been.  I was showing her the sights!

Roz is camera shy, so there is no evidence of our meeting.  But her compromise was to take a photo of me enjoying my quesadillas.
Atmospheric Mexican place!

All this for me?


Great view - that's Rangitoto Island behind that building
Back to my hotel room for a cup of tea and a chat.  Very pleasant catch up with Roz.  I had no idea of the existence of this lake.  Lake Pupuke  It is very close to the hotel and I can see it from my room.  I think I saw it in this kids movie we watched with monsters in the earth.  What was it?  Under the Mountain maybe?  I thought it was a fake lake.  But now I know better.

Off to bed and a great sleep.  Up early and off to the gym to ride the exercise bike.  Now I have a time to beat this evening.  Hahahah.  Found a really nice breakfast place.  A cafe called Honey on Huron St, just opposite work.

At work and time to start the day!
Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment