Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Wednesday with lunch with Aidan

Hi,

I had a great day and a pants day yesterday.  Lunch with Aidan was the highlight.  I heard all about her trip away and we caught up on news.  A sign of how long she has been away was that I think she hardly got a word in for long stretches at a time.  She usually has a bit more to say than me.  Usually.  But not yesterday.  She had the car in town so she collected me and we went to Maranui Surf Club for lunch.  Somehow I got the best table in the place.  We had tea and a yummy lunch of eggs Benedict.  I washed it down with... yes!  an iced coffee!

Pretty good iced coffee.  If only I could stop talking enough to drink it!

My view!

Aidan dropped me back at work to endure the pants part of my day.  Such a frustrating day trying to gain access to a particular site.  More of the same today too.  Although I do have a presentation to a client to do.  So, not all doom and gloom looming today.

Rode home and managed to avoid any rain.  It was cold though.  Mike went to get a haircut and tramping club.  I collected Toby and cooked dinner.  I also ate a yummy lemon tart that Ilske had made and given me on Tuesday night.

Lemon tart, anyone?
Ummmm - yeah.  About my hair!  Hahahahah.  I had just ridden home on my bike.  No wonder Yingting's parents look at me funny sometimes.  Actually, last night when I collected Toby, Yingting's father felt my hands and legs!  Then he showed me that under his jeans he had thermals on.  He was freezing.  I was hot.  I think I need to get changed from now on when I collect Toby.  Yingting's father must think I am mad.

Time to start the day.  Please be better than yesterday (apart from lunch - it can't get much better than yesterday's lunch!).  Actually, a cup of tea about now will make it all wonderful, I'm sure.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment