Monday, July 1, 2013

The weekend to myself

Hi,

What a great weekend.  Friday night Sally suggested we go see World War Z.  After a bit of a kerfuffle in getting so many Gilberts to a movie session without any fore planning, we all ended up seeing the 8.30pm session in 3D.  With Alex!  And that was after dinner at the Steer and Beer next door (not a bad steak, but not as nice as my last visit there).

World War Z was so scary.  Mike spent half the movie hiding Toby's eyes.  I spent the whole movie tensing up because when we left I felt like I had been running the entire time.  Hahahah.  After about ten minutes into the movie I kept asking Mike if Toby wanted me to take him out.  He said no.  So I had to sit there and watch the entire thing.  It was actually a great movie.  It's just that I hate scary movies.

Back home after a quick trip to the supermarket so Mike could cook the meal for Saturday night's tramp.  Yes - he had to pack and cook close to midnight on Friday night.  The funny thing was, I emailed Aidan and she was just awake and ready to catch her airport shuttle bus.  I was heading to sleep and she was getting up.  Very weird.  I told her to avoid World War Z on the planes at all cost!

Up early Saturday so Mike and Toby could get away for their tramp.  Eventually they scampered out the door.  I started the mountain of laundry.  It never really ever finished for the weekend.  The washing machine was going constantly.  Sheets, towels, clothes.  It all went in.  Heaps of it.

I read and generally relaxed.  Watched a movie.  And it was dinner time soon enough.  So I nipped out to collect Sally from home, and drove over Haywards to Mana to have dinner with her at Hetal's Indian restaurant.  Hetal is a chap in my team at work and shamelessly plugged his restaurant at the company meeting on Friday during his personal presentation.  I had told Sally about it so she suggested we go.  And it was good. Sally is a convert to mango lassis now after Hetal gave us a complimentary one.

Dropped Sally off and went home.  Fell asleep after chatting to Ma on Facebook.  Slept like the dead (or is that the undead?).

Up early Sunday (I am hopeless at sleeping in).  Had breakfast and Vivienne came in to get me.  The music might have been a tad loud for me to hear her knocking and I may have yelped when she called out.  The market was great!  Lovely weather.

Back home and I started painting my wardrobe doors.  Couldn't find the roller tray or our decent paint brushes.  But I was determined.  So I found a brush and found some paint that looked right and started.  I was in a t-shirt and bare feet while outside.  At the end of June!

Evidence of the lovely weather

My doors probably need another coat.  Mike says I used the wrong paint and the brush wasn't the best.  Never mind.  The idea was there.  And they are almost done!  I can see them hanging on my wardrobe now!  Well, in my mind's eye I can.  After the next coat!

Mike and Toby got home and jumped in the shower.  Toby had missed a playdate at the movies.  He was a bit upset.  But we keep telling him there is no reason to be upset if there is nothing anyone can do about it.  He did enjoy the tramp.  It was hard.  Mike has photos of Toby in the snow!  Snow!  And it was a steep walk up and down.

Notice Toby's homemade gaiters

Love his eyes here!


Maybe Mike will blog about it separately.  It certainly sounded amazing.  Made me want to go tramping.  Aidan?  Christine?  Vivienne?  You keen?

I went out to the family dinner to celebrate Andrew's birthday.  Fun to catch up with everyone.

Have a great week!  The weather is lovely.  Not so good for dumping lots of snow at Whakapapa though.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment