Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Tuesday with quiz night

Hi,

I had my first ride home with Mike yesterday in absolute ages.  I think this is because it was the first time in absolute ages that Mike has ridden home.  He kept going and collected Toby.  I got ready for quiz night and he started cooking dinner for himself and Toby when I left.

I drove back down the hill and the rain had well and truly kicked in by then.  I walked into the pub all by myself and secured a table.  Eventually Ilske arrived and we completed our quiz form.  Christine and Andrew arrived within a few minutes of each other, so we had a good table.  We're claiming fourth place.  We were placed quite well going into the last few rounds, but didn't come first, second or third.  They don't have any way to telling you your score as you go apart from reading out all the team names and their points.  So you have to keep track of any numbers yourself.

I dropped everyone off at their respective homes afterwards.  It did mean I was late home, but that's okay.  The rain was really hard so it wasn't pleasant driving.

Up this morning after sleeping to within a minute of the alarm.  Choice!  Way better than the usual thirty minutes before the alarm.  Might have had something to do with the late night, I guess.  I left the boys running around and hopped on my bike.  It wasn't entirely pleasant riding in, but it wasn't too horrible either.  Everything is wet.  I hope the crucial bits dry before I have to pull them on at the other end of the day.

Hoping to see Aidan today.  Mind you, if it wasn't urgent for her to come in, I wouldn't bother.  She has to drive and it really isn't very nice.  But I have no idea how urgent her collection in town is and if she can delay it.  So, I might get lucky enough to see her.

Mike has tramping club stuff on tonight.  I'll ride home and sort out Toby.  Andrew told me about his next epic adventure.  He has next week off and wants to ride 600km around a loop at the top of the South Island.  Wow!  If it isn't too cold, that is going to be a great trip.  Picton to Nelson, to St Arnaud, to Murchison, to Lewis Pass, and then I got vague but Blenheim was mentioned.  And possibly back around Port Underwood in the opposite direction to what we did.  Awesome!

Have a wonderful day.  Stay dry if you're in Wellington.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment