Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Monday with a stay-at-home Earthquake day

Hi,

I rode into work to collect the laptops while Mike looked after Toby.  Work is looking pretty good considering.  A few joints have popped in doorways and there is a plaster dust all around.  But not too bad.  Nothing big seems to have toppled over.  And this morning (Tuesday) it looks absolutely normal around my desk.

I met Sally after getting the laptops and we had a hot chocolate/coffee from the one place open.  Mixed Business, in our building!  Then I got a ride home with Sally.  The Mighty Red Galant took me and my bike home easily.  It would have been a slow ride home as my pannier was very heavy with two laptops.

Sally stayed for a coffee with Mike and then headed home.  We worked from home and had lunch.  Wilf and Mike were there working on the plastering and the fence around the slab.  Mike went into town to meet clients and Toby played on the computer most of the day.

Eventually I stopped work and made dinner.  Macaroni cheese.  Yum.  Mike got home in time and we all ate.  I went grocery shopping and the place was devoid of people.  Great time to shop!

Home to bed.  I slept well, despite Mike waking up and reading in the middle of the night.  I did wake because of a wee earthquake at some stage, but rolled over and fell back into my coma.

Toby is off to Skids today.  I think they are heading to the pool!  He should love that.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment