Monday, July 8, 2013

The weekend with lazing for me and Toby, busy for Mike and a Wimbledon win for Andy Murray!

Hi,

Wow - Andy Murray, eh?  Wish I was still living in London now to soak that up.  So cool!  Pretty happy about that.  Bet he is too.

Toby and I had a lazy weekend.  Mike left early Friday evening with a van load of punters for a weekend at Ruapehu in the lodge.  I'm sure he'll tell you all about it.  Toby and I went out for dinner with Lewises and Gilbert/Bichans (well, the Bichan part was held up at work, but we saw him!) to celebrate Benjamin's birthday 6 weeks ago.  18.  Wow.  Yummy Mexican at Flying Burrito Brothers.  So full.
So much food

I drove them home from town and Benjamin drove them the rest of the way.  Toby and I watched half of the first Lord of the Rings movie (well, I watched a third and fell asleep but luckily Toby has more sense than staying up too late and he turned it off by himself about halfway through).  Woke up and chatted to Aidan for a while on the phone while Toby watched the end of the movie.

Did a mountain of laundry during the day.  Toby went to play with William for a good portion of the day.  Back home for tea and another movie.

Sunday was also lazy.  We got away for the party drop off (Toby's friend Sam had a birthday party at The Lanes) and I went to lunch at Sally and Andrew's.  Had a nice lunch (awesome brownies courtesy of Marion) and left just as quickly to collect Toby.

Back home for television watching while ironing great portions of the laundry.    Got ready for the week and Mike eventually got home and told us about his weekend.

A superb day today.  A cracker!  Wonderful ride into work.  Blue sky, no wind, dry roads.  Yep - a great day to live in Wellington.

Mike is busy at work and will be late home.  Oh well.  I'll collect Toby and cook tea and make sure homework is done.  Last week of term for Toby.

Have a great week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment