Friday, July 26, 2013

The Thursday with the Conquest of Everest

Hi,

I rode home with Mike for the first time in ages.  He is better through traffic than me and had a huge head start when we got to the hill.  I was stuck at the lights and saw him riding up the hill already.  But I managed to catch him.  Yes!

I collected Toby and Mike started dinner.  I got changed and headed back into town.  I was off to the National Film Archive to see the 1953 documentary film on the Conquest of Everest.  it was a snapshot of its time.  Pomp and pageantry of the British monarchy, the manly endeavours in the colonies, the rousing music, women weren't mentioned at all (apart from the young queen).  Even when two Nepali women were filmed, the commentary went silent.

Anyhow, I thought I was going to be date-less watching it.  Andrew ignored me.  And I thought Christine was ignoring me.  Turns out all the texts I have sent her in the last two weeks were going to a non existent number.  But her odd text came back to me in my text thread.  Of course, her texts had no context, because she never received mine. She looked at my phone and saw I had her number wrong.  Problem solved.  She does love me.  Phew!  She laughed at my texts that hadn't got through.  I did wonder why she was saying she was missing me, when I had been texting her.  Oh well.  Mind you, Andrew has no excuse!  :-p  Well, probably work.

Right.  Time to start the day.  We're tramping this weekend and apparently the weather looks stunning for it.  Bring it on.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Angela


1 comment:

  1. "better through traffic" in this context means "places less value on personal safety"...

    ReplyDelete