Friday, October 24, 2014

The Thursday with nothing much

Hi,

I rode home and found no Toby.  I tried to ring him, but his phone was next to me on the couch so that was no good at all.  Mike said he'd come home via the library (he had the car in town) so I settled down to make dinner.  But Toby must have got the memo (that is, no one turning up to collect him at the library) because he came in not long after that.

We had a nice dinner and then I coerced Mike into the bath with me.  Not!  I found my last bath bomb (I need another trip to Lush with Aidan) and we soaked in something that made the bath water bright red.  Mike thought it looked a wee bit gory.  Hahahah.

I was so tired I don't think I was awake for very long.  I think Mike and Toby had an exchange of words later in the evening but it seemed to be resolved and I fell back to sleep.

This morning I had a good run.  Apparently I was faster than normal.  Really?  Didn't feel like it at the time.  And my ride in started off in nice dry conditions.  But about 800m down the road, it started a light rain.  I went faster, hoping to get down the hill part while the roads were still dry.  I managed that!  Woot.  I am a bit damp now though - my bike shorts are drying on my pannier.  Hopefully they won't be too soggy by the time I pull them on at the other end of the day.

Long weekend for us.  Yippee.  I am going for a bike ride with Aidan tomorrow.  We're hoping to ride out to the lighthouse south of Eastbourne.  Possibly more of a picnic on bikes than a ride with some snacks.  But, if that is what it takes to get out on a bike ride with Aidan, I am all for that!  I am looking forward to it.

Mike and Toby have got plans for tramping Saturday night and coming back late Sunday.  And Emerson and Duncan are coming around on Monday.  So the weekend looks like fun.

Have a marvellous weekend.  I need a cup of tea.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment