Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Tuesday with nothing

Hi,

Tuesday was redeemed by its glorious weather.  The sort of day in Wellington that almost makes up for the other days in the year that are pants.  Hahahah.  It was a "fish n chips on Petone beach" evening.  But we had the next best thing.  Mike fired up the BBQ for the first time this season and we ate scrumptious hamburgers.  Thanks Mike!  I went grocery shopping after tea - and went to stupid Countdown because they stock the big boxes of Rooibos I like.  But the big boxes were on special and all gone.  I also noticed they no longer stock canned pumpkin.  Oh - I was hoping Aidan would make me a pumpkin pie one day.  Stink for me.  So I went to Countdown for no reason in the end.  But I bought a small box of Rooibos to see me through.

Mike and I had an appointment in Khandallah at 2pm, so we drove there, attended that and then I dropped Mike home for a 3pm meeting.  I went back into town to get some work done.  I also caught up with Ange for a decent chat.  We're plotting to go to the Auckland office together soon.  She has a new starter there, and we want the staff to buddy up.

Driving home was amazing - the weather was absolutely beautiful.  And this morning, for my run, I couldn't believe it.  There was not a breath of wind and the birds were all chirping as loudly as I have ever heard them.  Happy birds.  It was such a nice run.  I ran well.

Busy day today.  And it is a formal dinner at Toby's school after work today.  Toby has a shirt and tie to wear.

Have the most amazing day ever!  The weather here makes it really easy to have a great day.  And I remembered my Rooibos tea so I can drink tea and make everything even better!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment