Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Wednesday where we say goodbye to Mike

Hi,

Had a busy  day at work, with a two hour session in the middle presenting to Newlands College classes on a career in IT.  Woot!  And the day was as stunning as it ever gets here in Wellington.  Beautiful.

Toby got off the school bus in town and I drove home to collect some stuff and get changed and drop my bike home.  Then we came back to get petrol for the car (it was on empty) and collect Mike.  Christine was cooking us tea tonight and we had the yummiest tea.  Chicken with feta, rice, tomatoes, avocado and spinach.  It was followed by a frozen lamington on a stick.  It was actually quite good.

I nipped out to the airport to drop Mike off for his flight to Dunedin, and back to finish chatting to Christine while Toby watched The Simpsons.  I also met Christine's new flatmate, Brian.  He lives in Melbourne and is over here for a contract.

Toby and I went home via the lookout  at Mt Vic.  The evening was as beautiful as the day had been.  An October evening on top of a hill in Wellington without a breath of wind, in a t-shirt.  Unheard of.

Wellington looking its best

Toby loved the view

Having fun 


We went back home and fell asleep pretty quickly.Up early and away so I can get into work as single mother once more.

Mike is back on Sunday night at 1730.  Can't wait.  I think it might be a ploy to keep me keen on him.  What do you think?  Well, it's working!  Hahahah.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment