Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Tuesday that felt like a Monday

Hi,

Wow - work was saving up a few crises from the Monday holiday for me yesterday.  I was busy all day fixing things.  Madness.  Hahahah.  But it turned out okay - I rode home and was all relaxed and jelly-like by the time I fought the headwind home.  Toby got home and after a bit of commotion we settled into our evening.  He did a lot of homework and I cooked tea.  Macaroni cheese - just like my mother makes.  :-)

Toby loved it and ate every last morsel on his plate.  I may have had seconds myself.  Love macaroni cheese.

Mike got back from Christchurch (he was there for the day) quite late and landed into the howling gale winds and driving rain.   Christchurch, apparently, was quite nice.

Mike was all keyed up still, but I was comatose.  I fell asleep pretty quickly, after rolling over and thinking I'd never get to sleep with Mike awake and reading.  Zzzzzzz.  It must have been seconds.

I went for my run this morning in a strong northerly.  So strong it was actually blowing me along.  And when I turned back for home, it was a tough slog into the wind.  My bike ride into work was less hassle than I thought.  Maybe the wind was more nor'wester than northerly and the hill protected me for a lot of my ride.

Toby is getting sick and having a day off school today.  Mike is working from home with a few meetings in town to attend.  Poor Mike.  Poor Toby.

Right.  Time to kick off the day.  My day is frantic.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment