Monday, May 13, 2013

Can I have another Mother's Day weekend next week?

Hi,

Wow - I had a great weekend.  The only thing missing in volume was Mike.  I had a great time with Toby, and Mike and I had a great time on Sunday night.  Also caught up with Tabors, and the weather on Sunday was amazing.

Let's see, how did the weekend pan out?  Friday night I caught the bus home and collected Toby in the wee green car.  We drove out to Lower Hutt and saw Jurassic Park 3D.  We both decided it was far more scary in 3D on the big screen than watching it on our TV at home.  It finished late so we went straight home to bed.

Been waking up easily an hour before my alarm of late (5am is a bit too early) and Saturday morning was no exception.  Lay in bed reading until Toby stirred.  Got us breakfast and then I nipped out to collect some dishes from a work colleague and pick up a headset microphone from Dick Smith so Toby can Skype with his friends.

Made lunch and Toby was collected by William and his Dad for a sleepover (gadget free) in Waikanae.  I was supposed to go bike gear shopping but the yucky weather meant I was far more attracted to reading in the warmth.

Read and listened to music, and grabbed some food.  Aidan was in town for a conference and going out to dinner with colleagues afterwards.  When she was done there, we were going to her place for a sleepover.  Yep - Toby and I were kinda doing the same thing.  Aidan had her hands full with a friend and needed to be there for her, so it was late by the time we left Wellington.  I picked her up on Aro Street and we hopped onto the motorway and drove to Waikanae.  I even got to hear Aidan sing.  Choice!  A very nice version of He Honore was just for me.  I am privileged.

Cup of tea when we got there - the last Rooibos in the house.  Aaarrghhh.  Chatted to Mike on the phone at his conference, just before he went to bed.  Off to sleep myself.  The sofa is quite comfortable there!

Up at 7am Sunday - but like usual of late I was awake hours before then!  And in a strange bed, so no wonder there.  Aidan and I made a scrumptious breakfast.  Her boys were camping in bivvies for Scouts - with Lulu!  How cool!

Yum!
 After breakfast we drove to the river and had a long walk up to the beach and back.  The weather was stunning!
Kapiti Island behind Aidan

Self portrait - take two.  Version one was crooked and I was hardly in it
Iced coffee at The Front Room is declared exceptional!
 Back to Aidan's house and then off to Front Room for lunch.  Mmmmmm.  The gourmet sleepover.  The sort I like.  I had salmon again, and an iced coffee.  Sluuuurrrppp!  Went for a walk along the beach and then back to Aidan's place.  She luxed just as her boys got back from their amazing adventures.  We heard all about it.  Lulu was exhausted.

Tried to get a hold of Peter (William's Dad) but failed.  He obviously was also having a gadget free weekend and ignoring his phone!  Drove back to Wellington with the roof down and the music loud.

Went to Kilbirnie and bought some bike gear for next weekend.  Then got home just as Toby was dropped off.  We explored our new deck (not quite done - but pretty close).
On the deck!

It's quite high!
Took Toby to his next playdate (Jacob's house for movie and pizza) and then entertained Mike's mother unexpectedly.  We had a light tea and then Mike got home and I took her home.  Funny thing - apparently Mike said for her to come around for dinner.  She assumed that was lunch because "tea" is the evening meal.  I hope she wasn't too inconvenienced and the tea wasn't too light.  We ate sliced tomatoes on toast because I had already had a huge eating day!

The weather is amazing again today - enjoyed my bike ride in.  My bike computer seems to have packed up though.  Grrrr.  Wonder if Mike will look at it.

Andrew had a great tramping weekend - read about it in his blog!  Wow! Andrew's weekend

Busy week ahead.  Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment