Friday, May 24, 2013

The Thursday with dinner out

Hi,

I rode home and collected Toby and rushed him back to home get changed.  As we were running around like mad things, Mike got home and also ran around like a mad thing.  We ended up at Christine and John's house only 30 minutes later than the scheduled 6pm dinner.  Fortunately they were serving children first and I no longer qualify as a child.  Haven't for some time now.

We had a great dinner and met some of their friends too (a grown up Toby and wife Diane - turns out they are Henry's parents who Thomas used to bring to karate with him).  Chatted for a while until yawns from Mike meant we couldn't stay much longer.  I had already spent time sprawled on the ground.  I also positioned myself close to the cheese board - I decimated the cheese.  Not a lot left for anyone else - but they weren't elbowing me out of the way either!

Home to bed.  I had a hard day because at lunch time my back upper molar broke.  About a third came off. It has always had a massive filling in it and dentists have told me over the years that it is likely to break.  It did.  :-(  An emergency appointment at our dentist means I have a temporary fix, and will go back for 1 1/4 hours this Monday to get it sorted.  A crown.  The tooth appears to have a healthy nerve still.  It certainly smarted when the dentist sprayed a can of cold into it.  It had made me a little sad though, as I like my teeth and I never have any bother with them.  Oh well.

This morning's ride in made up for that!  It is sunny and calm today with blue skies.  Lovely and cold.  I hurtled down the hill - pedalling like mad.  Shame my bike computer is still broken as I may have hit a new maximum speed!  I was in the mood to get rid of some funk!

The weekend looks like fun.  All weekends do, though.  An African festival on Saturday, followed by us watching Eurovision on Saturday night.  We have Yum Cha booked for Sunday.  Yep - a good weekend.  I rather fancy a bike ride on Saturday.  I might see if Josh is up for something.

Have a wonderful day - and a great weekend!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment