Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Tuesday with, um, no Cubs

Hi,

Happy birthday to Benjamin.  My goodness - I cannot believe he is 18 years old today.  Where have all those years gone?

Mike gave me a ride home yesterday after his epic 12 hour day on Monday followed by an 10 hour day at work.  Lazy, I know.  But we collected Toby and as we drove home I said to Mike that Toby needs a warm jacket and torch for Cubs tonight.  Toby then declared he didn't want to go.  I said:  "But what about our man-to-man talk on Monday night where we discussed it (in Mike's absence) and you said you'd go".  Toby says "I don't remember any of that".  Great.  Great.  Not sure why I bother saying anything if he has blotted out entire (pleasant) conversations.  Maybe I should use a cattle prod instead.  Actions being louder than words and everything!

It's okay I thought.  Mike will sort him out.  Hmmmmm.  Mike thought it would be great to have an evening off Cubs too.  I am doomed.  I will never win any arguments in our house.  Defeated from the start.  Maybe I should just read instead?  I could issue commands from the couch or bed whenever I got to a boring part in my book.  If no one recalls my words, I'm sure it wouldn't matter what I was actually doing at the time.  I flung myself on the bed, wondering why I can't parent better when I only have one child.  But I couldn't keep a straight face and Mike laughed at me.  Turns out neither Mike nor me is overly concerned at Toby continuing with Cubs.  There are far better things to worry about.  What if Toby wants a tattoo one day?  Aaarrghhhhh!  Hahahahah!  See?

So, we cooked tea and Toby did his homework (happily - because there was no Cubs).  Mike and I watched TV while Toby Skyped his friends and played Minecraft.  The evening crawled by because we had to rush out to Cubs!  Mike and I were in bed ready for sleep by 9.15pm!  Choice!

Sally is looking after Toby tonight and taking our car home with my bike gear for the weekend.  Ooooo.  How exciting!  Mike and I are going out with work.

Yesterday Mike and I dressed the same.  Which would be fine as Mike has been so busy and I am on another floor.  But, we coincided with lunch breaks and sat together and my new manager commented how cute it was that we dressed the same.

Snap!
Black pants and wine-coloured top.  Black shoes.  Yep - we looked the same.  Like those couples you see on cruise ships dressed in matching pastel coloured tracksuits.  That'll be us in 20 years.

Lovely ride in this morning.  Busy day ahead.  Have a fantastic day.  I need tea.  They are drilling above my head once more in an endeavour to fix the roof before the next downpour.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment