Monday, May 20, 2013

The weekend with a huge cycle ride

Hi,

What an amazing weekend.  And I don't have to blog about it at all, because Andrew has done it already here.

We drove up in awful traffic on Friday night and asked Aidan to phone in our pizza order at the fabulous pizza place in her town.  The 1.5 hours to Waikanae was caused by the traffic lights at Waikanae, we're sure.  It took thirty minutes from Paraparaumu to Waikanae.

Anyhow, the pizzas were yummy and I only dribbled them on my jeans a little bit as I gobbled it down while driving through the rain.  Sally got me and Andrew an iced coffee to drink, so it was washed down nicely.  And I sang.  A lot.  But by then Sally was trapped in the car with no option but to endure the ride back on Sunday.  Hahahahah!

Nice place in Stratford to stay at and a welcome huge single bed.  Nice.  Slept well and up early to set off with Andrew on the bike ride.  I managed it just fine - although if I can find a way to keep my energy levels up better, I should manage a better time.  Maybe I need to spike my water bottle with something.  I drank most of my two litres of water.  Andrew hardly touched his.

I feel fine after the 153 km ride.  In fact, as I type this, I can't tell I did anything at all.  The worst thing was a sore neck from looking ahead for all that time and that has gone.  Although I admit to a bit of bruising when I sat on my other bike seat this morning to ride in!  But not too bad really.

The drive back to Wellington was uneventful - bit of rain, bit of sunshine.  We stopped for an amazing breakfast in Whanganui and an iced coffee at Foxton (Andrew knows the cafe owner).  The Tabor household was avoided due to Emerson's illness (hope he gets better soon!).  Dropped off Sally and Andrew, had a cup of tea and home to do the ironing.

Mike and Toby had fun tramping - Toby said he liked it.  Said it was hard, but not as hard as his climb of Mt Tongariro.  And he said he'd climb that mountain again in a heartbeat.  His favourite tramp ever!

Mike is busy at work.  He left early this morning and has an all day workshop.  I was left without any of Toby's school shoes and socks.  A bit of questioning and I had it narrowed down to the MX-5.  Went up and found them.  The clue was Toby telling me he hopped from the garage to the house on Friday evening when Mike collected him.  Right.  That would be because you had no shoes on.

Okay - time to start the day.  Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment