Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Tuesday with the last Cubs

Hi,

I rode home and only got hailed on twice!  Hail is dry for the most part anyway.  Although I have noticed that the hailstones accumulate in the vents in your cycle helmet and then proceed to melt icy water for a wee while.  Like a reminder of the hail long after it has finished.

Got home and collected Toby.  Cooked him a great dinner of two minute noodles.  Fortunately he loves them!

Mike got home and took Toby to Cubs.  Toby then resigned from Cubs.  It was his last night.  I'm a bit sad really.  He has done it for so long there.  And only a wee while shy of moving to Scouts.

It was so cold last night.  Our heat pump can't keep up in the lounge/dining area because we have no gib on the walls.  The heat just disappears.  So after about 15 minutes chatting to Mike there I asked if we could go downstairs.  We turned the oil heater on there and watched a DVD huddled around it.  After about 30 minutes of that I couldn't stand it any longer.  I got into my pyjamas and turned on my electric blanket and went to bed.  Finally - warm!

Mike went to get Toby and we were all in bed very quickly (the cold!).  Had a good sleep and up to have a hot shower.  Still cold outside.  We all piled in the car with my bike on the back and I collected Alex and Yingjie, dropped them all at the bus stop, dropped Mike at the dentist and took the car in near the Basin to get new tyres.  I rode my bike back along the waterfront.  The southerly meant I flew to work.

A wee flaw in our plans sees me typing this at my desk in my bike gear.  Mike has my work clothes with him.  Oh well.  Lucky I am warm from the ride still.

I am in denial at the moment.  I am not catching a cold.  Nope.  Nothing.  Throat not scratchy.  Nose not blocked.  Nope.  Healthy.  I only have a fresh box of tissues on my desk as a preventative measure, in CASE I get sick.  :-p

Have a great day.  Stay warm if you're in New Zealand.  An icy blast continues - but it is supposed to stay dry I think.  Well, in Wellington anyway.  The mountains have buckets of snow.  The hills on the far side of the harbour (Orongorongos) have a huge amount of snow on them.  I love it when Wellington is surrounded by snow.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment