Friday, May 10, 2013

The Thursday with user group and a ride home with Rex

Hi,

Well, considering we had no preparation whatsoever for the user group last night, we had a good evening.  We chatted about all sorts of things, perhaps not always on topic.  I found out that non-native English speakers think learning English through playing computer games is a great way to learn the language.  I'm not to sure.  How many games get you to order food in a restaurant or something useful like that?  And how many games get you to say "Die, you scum"?  I know which one I think is more useful.  Perhaps, unless you are driving around Los Angeles or something.

Rex gave me a lift home, which was nice.  Otherwise I would have bungeed my leftover pizza to the back carrier and looked like a pizza courier on my way home.

Mike was early to bed.  Still recovering from his migraine.  He has a big weekend with a work function and will drive three colleagues up to Turangi today at lunch time.

Toby and I might try and see a movie tonight.  Then go to the Karori West Scout Hall fundraiser garage sale tomorrow morning.  Toby then gets to go to Waikanae with William for a sleepover.  I might get to see Aidan if the planets align correctly.  Otherwise a feast of chocolate and movies Mike will never want to watch are on the agenda.

Weather has packed in a bit.  But the weekend should be okay.  Let's keep fingers crossed.

Have a fantastic weekend.
Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment