Monday, May 6, 2013

The weekend with a bit of a lot of things

Hi,

Mike went home sick on Friday with a migraine, so our intended Toby handover from Mike's parents to us and a dinner in town never eventuated.  Instead, I went to see Oblivion with Sally and Andrew at Reading Cinemas.  It was okay - I think I would have enjoyed it more without Tom Cruise as the main character.  I don't mind him as an angst ridden male lead, but an action hero is a little bit far for my imagination to stretch.

Waited an hour for the bus home.  This is why I ride my bike.

Mike had to work on Saturday to make up for the Friday sick day (deadlines!) so I couldn't ride my bike to Waikanae as I hoped.  However, it was replaced with a train ride with Toby to Waikanae and I was just as touristy on this trip as I was last time.  My Kindle went unopened on my lap the entire way.  Toby only looked up when I exclaimed about the scenery.

Had a cup of tea with Aidan and heard all about her manic week.  I think she must have pulled off an amazing training session - the attendees are probably still reeling from the 5 day onslaught.  She had highs and lows to regale me with!

Then we all went to see Iron Man 3 (after a quick lunch in the food court - I think I hate food courts around about now).  It was okay - I would have preferred an alien invasion for the boys to watch rather than someone spouting hate to Americans and lots of shooting.  But, the boys rated it either 9 or 10 out of 10 (depending which boy you asked).  So I guess it was just me!

Mike can see himself - or his chest, as Aidan pointed out
We collected a mirror from Aidan.  She has two and asked if we needed both.   I said yes.  But only one would fit in the wee green car, so I think she dejectedly put the other one back in her garage.  Back home and a relaxing evening with the boys.  We put the mirror in the bathroom so Mike can shave.  Well, Aidan said Mike could shave his chest in this mirror.  Yes - we do have to hang it still.  It is a bit low - even for me.  But I am amazed to see myself so early in the day!  I have got used to the surprise as I step into the lift at work with its mirrored walls.  However, I do appreciate it might be too late to do anything about my hair at that stage.  Hence the new-found appreciation for a mirror in our bathroom.

Sunday was so nice - William came over and we went to Joe's Garage for breakfast with Liz.  She has now left Wellington for a week in Dunedin before heading home to Armidale.


Toby happy with his breakfast of bacon, bacon, bacon

William and Toby

Toby captured a close up of his breakfast
We dropped William off and headed to Sally and Andrew's house for a big family gathering.  A fantastic meal - Sally has exceptional skills in that department.  Well, in every department, really.  Ron had a great birthday celebration.

Wandered back home and did the ironing and fell asleep while Mike was sorting out bills and correspondence.  We might be eating rice all this week.

Have a lovely week.  Stay dry.  I got quite wet riding in this morning.  My new colleagues have been treated to the drowned rat version of Angela today.

My workplace roof leaks - there are loads of rubbish bins strewn around the walk ways past desks.  Some of them are rather full of rainwater.  Disturbing really, given the amount of electrical equipment.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment