Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Monday with exciting weather

Hi,

The rain and wind caused chaos in Wellington yesterday.  I rode in because I am tough.  Well, perhaps not so much tough as panicking because I have committed to a huge bike ride with Andrew in two (short!) weeks and I need to ride lots!  We're planning to ride around Mt Taranaki on May 18//19 and it is going to be huge.  I hope the weather is kind.  We'll make definite plans when we see what that weekend's weather will be like.

Anyhow, yesterday was huge on the weather front here.  Rain came down in buckets.  What statistic did Mike hear?  I can't recall, but in the space of a few hours we had received a fair percentage of our annual rainfall.  And a lot of it came down right beside my desk.  In fact, as I type this, the huge carpet driers are blowing onto the carpet around me.  The roof leaks here - a lot - when we get torrential rain.  We even had a ceiling tile or two collapse and crash to the floor.  Talk about exciting!

Then in the afternoon we had a wee earthquake.  Just to remind us that we are puny humans and there is a place for us in the hierarchy of the universe.

Rode home with a mighty southerly gale to blow me home.  Choice!  Collected Toby and drove down to get Mike from the supermarket doing our weekly shop.  He guessed the total to within a dollar and impressed the checkout operator.  Went home and cooked up tea.  I found out I had made a mistake a while back with booking the house for the Round Taupo race and complained to the boys I was useless.  Toby's pearls of wisdom?  This is what he said:  "You're not useless, Mum.  You just sometimes do useless things".

Right.  Feeling so much better now.  Hmmmmm.  Hahahahahah!

On that note, have a wonderful day!  Enjoy something that makes you laugh!  I enjoy hearing Toby's insights.  Honest, I do.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment