Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chasing the bus again

Yingjie is driving Alex and Toby to the bus in the mornings, and on those rare, unusual, occasional times I don't ride my bike I often tag along too and walk to work with her.  She's a very organised and calm person, being both a Buddhist and a Business Analyst, so the incredibly rare time that she is not perfectly on time gives me a little faith that everybody is late sometimes.

This morning was one of those times, though.

She arrived at our place a little bit late, and off we headed to the bus.  But alas! there were no Scots boys at the bus stop.  The bus had gone without us!

We hurtled down the hill (down the road I bike down virtually every morning apart from that occasional time I don't) to try to meet it at the bottom of the hill.  We made it in time, we could see a little clump of red blazers waiting.  But as we approached the intersection, there was the bus coming past!

Yingjie channelled her inner big-city driver and hurtled out behind the bus, neatly merging into the queue of cars behind the bus.  As the bus slowed we tucked in behind it.  Even before we'd stopped the car doors were open and the boys were running ahead to the bus.  With plenty of time as it stopped and the other boys started to trickle on.  Brilliant!

So another successful bus chase to start our morning.  It makes for a great morning - the more primitive bits of my brain must see it like spearing a gazelle at dawn before the hard work starts.  It left me really happy to face the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment